Welcome to my spiritually-related ideas, personal endeavors and experiences. Here my “aha!” moments about this world and the universe take center stage. I also share techniques, activities, items and pursuits that have helped me along my spiritual journey. Feel free to drop me a line in the posts below. Your perspective is as valid to me as my own!
- Are you afraid of rejection? (How to solve this problem!) (7/30/2018) - Imagine that you FINALLY get the opportunity to ask the man of your dreams out on a date. You want to say “Fuck it! You only live once!” but your fear of rejection paralyzes you in mid-stride! Now, rewind a minute to the time when you began the tedious endeavor of setting up this momentous … More Are you afraid of rejection? (How to solve this problem!)
- Writing my first book on Panic Attacks: How I got to this point, Coaching and Launch Team! (7/13/2018) - Okay, so I’m writing my first book. Specifically a book on panic attacks! As you may have guessed, a whole lot of internal monologue popped up during my book-writing-decision-making process; many self-aspects decided to share their own two cents on the subject of my writing. The most common shadow that came up had to do … More Writing my first book on Panic Attacks: How I got to this point, Coaching and Launch Team!
- Scan your body NOW! 5 Steps to transform your mood anywhere you currently are! (6/4/2018) - We live in such a fast-paced world that we often have no idea HOW our body is reacting to our level of activity and stress. Take 3 minutes, NOW, to perform this simple Body Scan Meditation. You may be the business man or woman, nurse, scientist, doctor, or even a life coach, but what you do … More Scan your body NOW! 5 Steps to transform your mood anywhere you currently are!
- “Go f*ck yourself!” Is the spiritual practice of “Non-reactivity” self-loving? (5/31/2018) - Last night, I heard the words “Well, he can go fuck himself” fly out of my mouth. I was on a phone call with one of my best friends, who was trying to understand a conflict I had had in my past. For the sake of the anonymity of my friends, I will not divulge … More “Go f*ck yourself!” Is the spiritual practice of “Non-reactivity” self-loving?
- My triggered little gatekeeper: How I Finally started my YouTube Channel “A Modern Spiritualist!” (5/29/2018) - There are a number of reasons why anyone would feel scared or trepidus about starting a YouTube channel. Even more so if it is a channel on spiritualism! The ego, or internal monologue (however you chose to call that defensive little voice inside your head), goes crazy with the “what-ifs” and the “how-abouts.” It feels … More My triggered little gatekeeper: How I Finally started my YouTube Channel “A Modern Spiritualist!”
- “Verisimilitude,” a personal poem I found in my USB drive. (5/28/2018) - I found this poem, “Verisimilitude,” in one of my USB drives. I wrote it as my “Diversity Project” for a Music Education course I took in Music School. At that time (circ. 2009) I was in the heart of dealing with my self-image, sexual identity, my eating disorder and my commitment to life. I read … More “Verisimilitude,” a personal poem I found in my USB drive.
- “Get it, girl! Get it!” an exercise on awareness (3/12/2018) - I decided to try an exercise suggested by Teal Swan in one of her “AskTeal” episodes on YouTube. In her video called “Awareness Exercise” she challenges her viewers to sit in a public place and people-watch while holding two different intentions at two distinct ten-minute intervals. The purpose being that one would gain a better … More “Get it, girl! Get it!” an exercise on awareness
- Manifesting my Reiki training! (2/24/2018) - I finally got my Master Reiki/Teacher Certification. How this came to be still amazes me. The completion of this milestone is truly an example of how thought leads to manifestation. To explain this journey, I will take you back to the time when I started to dive deeper into my meditative practice. I had been … More Manifesting my Reiki training!